What information we collect and how.
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/outbefore completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
The Town Clerk, Usk Town Council, The Sessions House, Maryport Street, Usk, Monmouthshire, NP15 1AD
Usk Town Council disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on the website. To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim any and all representations, warranties and undertakings in connection with the website including all implied warranties and conditions, including as to merchantability, fitness for purpose and title except as expressly otherwise provided herein.
Neither Usk Town Council, nor its website, nor its officers servants agents or employees shall be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or purely economic loss whatsoever, regardless of whether such losses are foreseeable and whether or not caused by Usk Town Council negligence arising out of or in connection with the use of this website save that nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall have effect so as to limit Usk Town Council liability for loss or damage arising out of personal injury or death or acts of fraud.
You may find links or references to third party materials and third party websites outside the Usk Town Council website. Usk Town Council accepts no liability of any description in respect of the contents of such materials or websites. We should not be taken to endorse, publish, permit or authorise such websites or materials. The intellectual property rights in all elements remain vested in the publisher.